We hear big terms like Artificial Intelligence (AI) being used by big CRM companies. They make it sound like AI is a very sophisticated feature that is only available through their expensive CRM platform. For many small businesses, the feature looks awesome, and they dream how it would help them grow business, but they cannot justify the cost of an expensive CRM.
We would like to explore AI. Is it only used in expensive CRMs? Do small businesses have to bite the bullet and make the purchase?
Let’s look at the meaning of AI. According to Investopedia.com, “Artificial intelligence (AI) refers to the simulation of human intelligence in machines that are programmed to think like humans and mimic their actions. The term may also be applied to any machine that exhibits traits associated with a human mind such as learning and problem-solving.”
Now, let’s look at it in a way we can understand. Tiempo Development defines says it this way.
“Artificial intelligence is, at its core, a system that can perform a task using intelligence that mirrors (or is better than) human intelligence.”
Based on Tiempo’s definition, many CRMs use AI. In its simplest form, if a CRM uses automation, it is using artificial intelligence. Our CRM, X2CRM, for example, is more affordable for small businesses than Salesforce and other enterprise CRMs but uses AI to help you grow your business. Common AI features include:
- Automation – You can define rules for your CRM to automate emails to prospects and customers to nurture a relationship. Messages that are automated often include welcome emails, service reminders, birthday wishes, and product recommendations which are triggered by date, product purchase, or other criteria.
- Sales/Project flow – The moment a prospect fills out a contact form or inquires about a product or service, or other sales process, the CRM can walk them through their buyer’s and customer’s journey. If you are a sole proprietor or you have a sales team, the CRM can automate tasks that reduce follow up fatigue.
- Internal tasks – Automating internal tasks in your CRM replaces manual, repetitive tasks and makes your administration more efficient, minimizing error and frustration. Tasks can automatically be assigned to staff based on your defined criteria.
- Real-time dashboards – Dashboards present real-time data. You can create dashboards to report data based on your team’s needs including new contacts added, sales opportunities by stage, and sales per month.
- Chatbot and virtual assistance – You can set up a chatbot and virtual assistant in your CRM to help prospects and customers answer common questions. This improves the user experience because prospects and customers do not have to listen to “Eye of the Tiger” or Tchaikovsky’s “Swan Lake” over and over while waiting to speak to someone.
You do not have to purchase or subscribe to the most expensive CRMs to enjoy AI functionality. Most CRMs are already using it and if you are using a CRM, you are most likely using it. If you want to use a CRM for your business and you are in the “consideration” phase of your journey, contact us to schedule a demo of X2CRM by calling 301-332-0613 or filling out the form. With X2CRM, you can use an AI-driven CRM without breaking the bank.