TIPS & TRICKS
Using the Table of Contents
Make it easier to find information in your long Word documents by inserting a Table of Contents (TOC)! Once inserted, it can be used both in the printed document and to navigate through the document on screen. For Word 2002 and higher, just follow the steps below.
- Apply Heading styles throughout your document to text you want to display in the TOC.
- Click where you want to insert the TOC. From the Insert menu, select Reference, and then click Index and Tables.
- Click on the Table of Contents.
- Click Options and make sure the TOC level number appears next to every heading you want to include in your TOC. Select any other TOC options.
- To go to specific sections in your document, click the corresponding page number in the TOC while holding down the CTRL key.
- To return to the TOC, click the Go to TOC button on the Outlining toolbar (make the Outlining toolbar visible by clicking on the View menu, selecting Toolbars, and clicking Outlining.)
THE FOUR PACK IS BACK!
Share with up to 4 staff for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access classes. Combine up to 4 class days and WIN with the Final Four! Call for details.
THE CLASSIC EIGHT
Share up to 8 class days with up to 8 colleagues. Attend Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook End User classes and SAVE!!